Photo: Henrik M Karlsson
Dr. habil. Simone Fischer-Hübner
Department of Computer Science
Room no: 5A 435
S 651 88 Karlstad / Sweden
Tel +46 54 700 1723
Fax +46 54 700 1828
Professor in Computer Science
PRISEC (Privacy and Security) Research Group
EU FP7 integrated project A4Cloud (Accountability Accountability For Cloud and Other Future Internet Services)
EU FP7 FET integrated project SmartSociety
SWITS (Swedish IT Security Network for PhD Students)
PETweb II (Privacy-respecting Identity Management for e-Norge)
EU Tempus Project HEICA
Google Research Award project “Usable Privacy and Transparency II”
U-PrIM (Usable Privacy and Identity Management for Smart Applications) funded by KK Stiftelsen
”Mitigate DNS self-reflecting attacks on SIP proxies” funded by Internetfonden .SE
EU FP7 integrated project PrimeLife (Privacy and Identity Management for Life)
EU FP7 NoE NEWCOM++
EU FP6 integrated Project PRIME (Privacy and Identity Management for Europe)
EU FP6 NoE FIDIS (Future of Identity in Europe)
EU CELTIC/EUREKA Project BUGYO (Building Security Assurance in Open Infrastructures)
- IFIP TC-9 6th "Human Choice & Computers" Conference (HCC-6) as part of IFIP World Computer Congress 2002, Montreal, August 25-30, 2002
- International Workshop on "Trust and Privacy in Digital Business", in conjunction with the13th International Conference on Database and Expert Systems Applications (DEXA 2002), Aix-en-Provence, France, September 2-6, 2002
- ESORICS 2002, October 14-16, 2002, Zurich
- NORDSEC' 2002, Karlstad University, November 7-8, 2002 (programme committee co-chair)
- Second International IFIP TC-11, WG 11.4 Working Conference on Network & Distributed System Security, I-NetSec03, Athens Chamber of Commerce and Industry, 26-28 May 2003, Athens, Greece.
- IFIP WG 9.6/11.7 third working conference on „Security and Control of Society – III”, June 15-16, 2001, Athens Chamber of Commerce and Industry, 26-28 May 2003, Athens, Greece (Programme Committee Co-Chair).
- IFIP WG 11.8 3rd World Conference on Information Security Education (WISE3), 26-28 June 2003 at the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, California, USA.
- BIOSIG 2003, 24 July 2003, Darmstadt /Germany
- Second International Summer School organized by IFIP WG 9.2, 9.6/11.7, 9.8, Risks & Challenges of the Network Society in cooperation with Karlstad University and HumanIT, 4 –8 August 2003.
- Third International Workshop on" Trust and Privacy in Digital Business" (TrustBus'03), in conjunction with the14th International Conference on Database and Expert Systems Applications (DEXA 2003), to be held in Prague, Czech Republic, September 1-5, 2003.
- NORDSEC 2003, 15 – 17 October 2003, Gjøvik University College, Norway
2nd International Conference on Trust, Privacy, and Security in Digital Business (TrustBus´05) in conjunction with the 16th International Conference on Database and Expert Systems Applications (DEXA 2005), Copenhagen, Denmark, August 22-26, 2005.
- 2005 International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Security (CIS'05), December 15-19, 2005, Xi'an, China.
- TrustBus’06 (3rd International conference on Trust, Privacy and Security of Digital Business),to be held in conjunction with the 17th International Conference on Database and Expert Systems Applications (DEXA 2006) in Krakov, Poland, September 4 – 8, 2006 (General Conference Chair).
- SDM’06, 3rd VLDB Workshop on Secure Data Management, September 10-11,2006, Seoul, Korea.
- CNIS 2006 IASTED International Conference on Communication, Network and Internet Security (CNIS 2006), Cambridge, USA, October 9-11, 2006.
- NordSec 2006 The 11th Nordic Workshop on Secure IT-systems, Linköping, Sweden, October 19 - 20 2006.
- 2006 International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Security (CIS'06), November 3-6, 2006, Guangzhou, China.
- IFIP SEC 2007 “New approaches for Security, Privacy and Trust in Complex Environments”, May 14-16, 2007, Sandton, South Africa.
- W2SP 2007: Web 2.0 Security and Privacy 2007, Thursday, May 24, The Claremont Resort, Oakland, California
Sponsored by the 2007 IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy
- International Conference on Human Aspects of Information Security and Assurance HAISA 2007,10-12 July 2007, Plymouth, United Kingdom.
- Third International Summer School organized by IFIP WG 9.2, 9.6/11.7, 11.6 in cooperation with FIDIS Network of Excellence, The Future of Identity in the Information Society, Karlstad University, 6th – 10th August 2007 (PC-co-chair)
- First IFIP WG 11.6 working conference on Policies & Research in Identity Management, IDMAN’07, Rotterdam/Netherlands, 11-12 October, 2007 (PC-co-chair).
- 4th International Conference on Trust, Privacy & Security in Digital Business (TrustBus'07), September 3 – 7, 2007, Regensburg, Germany.
- SDM´07 - 4th VLDB Workshop on Secure Data Management, September 23-24, 2007, University of Vienna, Austria.
- Fourth IFIP/FIDIS Internet Security & Privacy Summer School 2008 on "The Future of Identity in the Information Society ? Challenges for Privacy and Security" to be held at Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Rep., 1-7 September 2008.
SAICSIT 2008, "Riding the wave of technology", Annual Conference of the South African Institute of Computer Scientists and Information Technologists 6 - 8 October 2008, Wilderness Beach Hotel Garden Route, Wilderness, South Africa.
TrustBus'09: The 6th International Conference on TRUST, PRIVACY AND SECURITY IN DIGITAL BUSINESS in conjunction with the 20th International Conference on Database and Expert Systems Applications (DEXA 2009), to be held in Linz, Austria, 31 August 4 September 2009 (PC co-chair).
PrimeLife/IFIP Summer School 2010, Sixth International Summer School organised jointly by the EU FP7 project PrimeLife and the IFIP Working Groups 9.2, 9.6/11.7 11.4, 11.6 on Privacy and Identity Management for Life, Helsingborg, Sweden, 2nd - 6th August 2010 (General Chair)
IFIP TC11 SEC 2010 - 25th IFIP International Information Security Conference Security & Privacy − Silver Linings in the Cloud, Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, 20 -23 September 2010 , Brisbane , Australia
IFIP TC9 HCC9 - 9th IFIP Human Choice and Computers International Conference, Track 3: Surveillance and Privacy, Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, 20 -23 September 2010 , Brisbane , Australia (Track 3 PC-co chair)
- STM 2011, 7th International Workshop on SECURITY and TRUST MANAGEMENT, 27-28 July 2011, Copenhagen, Denmark
- ISSA 2011 - Information Security for South Africa, Johannesburg, South Africa, 15 - 17 Aug 2011, Johannesburg, South Africa
- SDM 2011 - 8th VLDB Workshop on SECURE DATA MANAGEMENT, Seattle, September 2, 2011.
- IFIP Summer School 2011, University of Trento, Italy, on 5-9 September 201 (PC co-Chair)
- BioSIG 2011
- DIM 2011 - The Seventh ACM Workshop on Digital Identity Management (October 21, 2011, Chicago, IL, USA. Collocated with ACM CCS2011)
- NordSec 2011 - The 16th Nordic Conference in Secure IT Systems, Tallinn, Estonia, 26–28 October 2011
- GI Sicherheit, – Schutz und Zuverlässigkeit, Fachtagung vom 7. – 9. März 2012 Kongresszentrum darmstadtium Schlossgraben 1, 64283 Darmstadt.
- IFIP SEC 2012, 27th IFIP International Information Security and Privacy Conference (SEC 2012) Creta Maris Hotel, Heraklion, Crete, Greece - June 4-6, 2012
- PETS 2012 - 12th Privacy Enhancing Technologies Symposium (PETS 2012), Vigo, Spain Jul 11 – Jul 13, 2012 (PC co-Chair).
· CPDP 2013
· BIOSIG 2013
· CMS 2013
· CSS 2013
· EuroPKI 2013
· I3E 2013
· IDMAN 2013 (PC co-Chair)
· IFIP Summer School 2012
· IFIP SEC 2013
· TRUST 2013 -6th International Conference on Trust & Trustworthy Computing
· PET 2013
· HAISA 2013
· DBSEC 2013
· TrustBus 2013
· TSCloud 2013
· ARES 2013
· NordSec 2013
Simone Fischer-Hübner, "IT-Security and Privacy-Design and Use of
Privacy-Enhancing Security Mechanisms", Springer Scientific
Publishers, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, LNCS 1958,
May 2001, ISBN 3-540-42142-4.
Simone Fischer-Hübner, Kai Rannenberg, Louise Yngström, and Stefan Lindskog (Editors), Security and Privacy in Dynamic Environments : Proceedings of the IFIP TC-11 21st International Information Security Conference (SEC 2006), 22-24 May 2006, Karlstad/Sweden. published at Springer, 2006.
Simone Fischer-Hübner, Steven Furnell, and Costas Lambrinoudakis (Editors), Trust and Privacy in Digital Business: Third International Conference, Proceedings of TrustBus 2006, Krakow, Poland, September 4-8, 2006, Springer, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, LNCS 4083.
Simone Fischer-Hübner, Penny Duquenoy, Albin Zuccato, Leonardo Martucci (Eds.), The Future of Identity in the Information Society, Proceedings of the Third WG 9.2, 9.6/11.7, 11.6/FIDIS International Summer School, Karlstad University, August 4-10, 2007, published by Springer 2008
Vashek Matyas, Simone Fischer-Hübner, Daniel Cvrcek, Petr Svenda (eds.), Proceedings of the Fourth IFIP/FIDIS Internet Security & Privacy Summer School 2008 on "The Future of Identity in the Information Society ? Challenges for Privacy and Security" to be held at Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Rep., 1-7 September 2008, published by Springer in 2009.
Elisabeth de Leeuw, Simone Fischer-Hübner, Lothar Fritsch (Eds.), “Policies and Research in Identity Management”, Proceedings of the 2nd IFIP WG11.6 working conference IDMAN 2010, Oslo, Norway, November 2010, published by Springer.
Jan Camenisch, Simone Fischer-Hübner, Yuko Murayama, Carlos Rieder and Armand Portmann (Eds.), “Future Challenges in Security and Privacy for Academia and Industry”: Proceedings of the 26th IFIP TC 11 International Information Security Conference, SEC 2011, Lucerne/Switzerland, June 2011, published by Springer.
Simone Fischer-Hübner and Nicholas Hopper (Eds.), “Privacy Enhancing Technologies”: 11th International Symposium, PETS 2011, Waterloo, ON, Canada, July 27-29, 2011, Proceedings (Lecture Notes in Computer Science / Security and Cryptology) Aug 3, 2011.